In laboratory (in vitro) tests, this surgical anti-viral facemask inactivates 99.99% of tested strains of influenza viruses on five minutes of contact with the surface of the facemask. Tested viruses include the following seasonal, pandemic, avian, swine and equine influenza viruses under tested contact conditions:
- Influenza A subtypes and strains:
- H1N1 (the 2009 pandemic flu subtype A/California/07/09, A/Brisbane/59/2007, A/Wisconsin/10/98, A/New Jersey/8/76, A/PR/8/38)
- H3N2 (A/Brisbane/ 10/2007, A/Wisconsin/67/2005)
- H2N2 (A/2/Japan/305/57)
- Bird flu subtypes:
- H5N1 (NIBRG-14)
- H9N2 (A/Turkey/Wisconsin/1966)
- H5N2 (A/Duck/PA/10218/84)
- Swine flu subtype:
- H1N1 (A/Swine/1976/31)
- Equine flu subtype:
- H3N8 (A/Equine/2/Miami/63)
- Influenza B strains:
Correlation between in-vitro testing results and any clinical event has not been tested. No clinical studies have been conducted comparing the ability of an untreated facemask and these facemasks to protect the wearer from influenza infection. They are intended to be worn by operating room personnel during surgical procedures, to protect both the surgical patient, and the operating room personnel, from the transfer of micro-organisms, body fluids and particulate material. This product meets ASTM F2100-07 Standard for level 3 High Barrier Performance
INDICATIONS FOR USE: This surgical facemask is a single use disposable device with a hydrophilic plastic coating on the outer layer (active ingredient: citric acid 2%, a pH lowering agent) that rapidly absorbs aerosol droplets away from the outer surface of the mask, and a second inner layer treated with metal ions (active ingredients: copper 1.6% and zinc 1.6%, which forms ionic bonds with negatively-charged side groups on influenza viruses).
Store between -20° C (-4° F) and +35° C (95° F) Relative humidity <85%.
- This mask does not contain natural rubber latex.
- For use in medical settings only. If mask becomes soiled, please change to a new mask as the antimicrobial agents may not be effective.
- For adult use only.
- This mask does not eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection.
- Replace if damaged or soiled with blood or other bodily fluids.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to copper or zinc.
- 10 CT
- Non-Sterile Product is not made with natural rubber latex
- Item # CUR384S